Saturday, January 12, 2013

Victory of sorts

Today I did something I haven't done in (hmmm) 20 years at least.  I went to Joann's and didn't buy a thing.

N O T H I N G

I did help a friend pick out a beginner pattern, some fabric, scissors, thread, and pins.  But I stopped short of looking to buy something for myself.

Unheard of.

Freakish.

It helped that Joann's has such a dearth of good fabrics; especially for garment sewing. I did stop to fondle some decorator fabric, contemplated taking a photo with my phone and stopped myself because I'd want it once I got home and looked at that fabric.  Not to mention it was probably a 45.00 a yard fabric.  Which I can't afford and have nothing to make out of it.

Good strategy on my part eh?

It was a victory on my part to not even think about buying anything (seriously!).  I can't really remember the last time I went into a fabric/craft store and came out with zip, nada, nothing.

Aren't you proud of me?

Course once I got home I realized I should have picked up a walking foot because I don't have one.   Duh.  I have to drive 20 miles round trip (on surface streets) to get there so I don't go very often.

Like I said, it was a victory of sorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment