Tuesday, January 1, 2013

I'm back!

I took the rest of December off to relax.  It was nice to have those 18 days off!  During that time I participated in a Secret Santa exchange, did the whole Christmas thing with the family. Spent ALL our money for the month of Dec., and generally sat around the house playing on the computer and chatting with friends.

Look! My secret Santa was none other than Cynthia F, renowned fabric designer, quilting extraordinaire and all around nice human.  Really, go check out her blog to see how talented she is and what a nice human she is. And she blogs all the time which gives me fun things to read on a regular basis.  

I must resolve to post to my blog more often!

I'm quite in love with her stuff, have coveted it and wish I could sew as well as she does.  I've sewn for decades but really, I don't have the patience she does because her work is perfect.  

I also sent off a few things to my Secret Santa person; she does a lot of hand drawing so with that in mind;  I created a quilted cover for a drawing pad and a pencil bag, and I stupidly didn't take any photos so I lifted the photos from the person who received the gifts.  


I love those technical pens and I love Strathmore paper. Those are my fave pencils and while the erasers are ok, the black pearl eraser is standard in my drawing kit.  Oh and have you ever had those white chocolate candies? OMG, they are to die for. Melt in your mouth goodness.  In any case it seems like she liked the gifties. :-)

I still owe some gifts to some people...I think I have an aversion to the post office. I resolve to get those things out the door too before too many more weeks go by.

Tomorrow I go back to my 8-5 daily job and must close so I can get my stuff ready for the week. The best part about going back to work tomorrow is getting paid tomorrow. OMG, running out of money and having to wait for a paycheck is the worst!  So yay for tomorrow!  




No comments:

Post a Comment