Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Spoonflower Ugly Sweater Contest

I laughed when I first saw this challenge."Ugly Sweaters  This week, designers should create patterns featuring images of (or images inspired by) ugly holiday sweaters. "

I wracked my brain trying to think of something that worked for me. I'm always mindful of what I think will have some longevity and I really didn't think ugly holiday sweaters would be a big seller. I could absolutely be wrong but that theme would never be something I'd buy except as a joke.  And with no time to purchase the designs by Christmas it just didn't seem like the timing was right.

Others may disagree.  That said I created something that tickled my fancy and didn't stick with any holiday at all.  Here is my design (which btw, is lo-res and does not repeat).


I love dogs, we're a dog lover family.  We have a ton of dogs.  I had to put one down about a month ago so our dog family shrunk down to 5.  :-( Some tolerate outfits and others just would never, ever let me or my daughter dress them up.  But we think it's a holiday when we can get our dogs in outfits!

Each of the dogs here have specific outfits that either coordinate with their breeds or are the total opposite of their breed. For example The basset hound is often thought of as lumbering (although they really aren't) and he got fairy wings.  He's quite embarrassed by them too. The Jack Russell got a turtle shell because ours needs to slow down some. She's a pistol.  The dog curled up with a lions mane is my nearly 20 year old Jindo Gae who has the biggest lions heart you'd every want to know.  The Corgi gets a giraffe outfit because in her mind she is taller than all the other dogs here.

So, even if my design tanks in the contest I am very happy with my doggies.  They think the sweaters are ugly so that's all that counts right?

Thank goodness for our furry family, my design is dedicated to Sheeves the Jindo because she's nearing the end of her life with us and I have to pay tribute to her. Because she's the best dog I've ever had and my 22 year old daughter has never known life without her (that she remembers anyway).

If you want to vote go here Ugly Sweater Contest. And if you want to see my design where it does repeat go here to my "When Humans Learn to Knit" design.
Ugly Sweaters
This week, designers should create patterns featuring images of (or images inspired by) ugly holiday sweaters. Previews will be shown at the fat quarter fabric size (21" x 18"). Deadline for entry is Tuesday, December 3rd, 2013.
- See more at: http://blog.spoonflower.com/upcoming-spoonflower-contests.html#sthash.mx9lr5gO.dpuf
Ugly Sweaters
This week, designers should create patterns featuring images of (or images inspired by) ugly holiday sweaters. Previews will be shown at the fat quarter fabric size (21" x 18"). Deadline for entry is Tuesday, December 3rd, 2013.
- See more at: http://blog.spoonflower.com/upcoming-spoonflower-contests.html#sthash.mx9lr5gO.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment