Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Thrifty

I have to send my Android Transformer 101 away to be fixed. The screen will not turn on. bah! I bought a box and was going to buy some bubble wrap.

Do you know how much bubble wrap costs? OMG, it was 20.00 for a box. Far more bubble wrap than I need to wrap a 10 inch tablet. So I'm walking around the party store to figure out what I can buy that won't cost me 20.00. Nothing. Those foam peanuts are 10.00 and I don't need that many peanuts either.

I spied a cart where one of the workers had been unpacking something and there were a bunch of plastic bags stuffed into a larger plastic bag.

A light bulb moment. I could use that discarded plastic as stuffing in the box and it wouldn't cost me a cent.

The clerk didn't bat an eyelash when I asked if I could have it. He said, "Absolutely you can have it...one man's trash is another man's treasure."

Well, I couldn't call it a treasure but he did save me 20.00 so he was the treasure really.

I feel very thrifty and smug with my multi-purposing ways.

Hooray for DIY people!

No comments:

Post a Comment